trade now
AirdropsAltcoinBlockchainCryptocurrencyCryptocurrency TrendsDeFiEthereum (ETH)News

Ethereum’s L2 Rollup Arbitrum Set to Launch Token Airdrop Imminently

The Arbitrum project is set to distribute 56% of its ARB token supply to the community as part of its upcoming airdrop. This initiative coincides with the introduction of Arbitrum Orbit, a groundbreaking platform designed to facilitate the deployment of layer 3 blockchains, further enhancing the network’s scalability and efficiency.

ARB Token Airdrop Allocation

The widely-used Ethereum Layer 2 rollup solution, Arbitrum, is set to release its ARB governance token on March 23. This announcement was made on Thursday and coincides with the introduction of both the Arbitrum DAO and Arbitrum Orbit.

According to the team’s official blog post, the Arbitrum Foundation is thrilled to unveil DAO governance for the Arbitrum One and Arbitrum Nova networks, which represents a significant advancement in the networks’ decentralization. The introduction of the Arbitrum token will empower the DAO with governance authority.

It has been revealed that 12.75% of the total ARB token supply will be distributed to qualified community members through an airdrop on the specified date. Notably, the team has allocated 56% of Arbitrum tokens to the community, with the remaining 44% designated for investors and contributors.

📰  African-Based Web3 Platform And UniPass Partner To Increase Crypto Adoption In Africa

Advancements Toward Decentralization and Scalability

In a strategic partnership, Arbitrum and Offchain Labs joined forces with the cryptocurrency analytics firm Nansen to carry out the community-focused airdrop distribution. Nansen’s on-chain data indicates that approximately 625,143 addresses are eligible to participate in the upcoming Arbitrum token airdrop.

After an 18-month incubation period, the Ethereum L2 network is set to unveil new developments aimed at achieving full decentralization. The first of these is the introduction of a “self-executing” DAO that empowers the community to vote on and manage every aspect of its two core networks, Arbitrum One and Arbitrum Nova.

Additionally, the recently launched scaling solution, Arbitrum Orbit, will provide developers with the tools to create layer 3 (L3) blockchains within the ecosystem. In August of last year, Arbitrum One, the native L2 mainnet, received a Nitro upgrade to enhance gas fee efficiency and increase throughput. Notably, these improvements positioned Arbitrum as the first EVM rollup technology to reach the second stage of decentralization.

📰  Third Time Unlucky, SEC Blocks VanEck's Bitcoin ETF Proposal produces top quality content exposure for cryptocurrency and blockchain companies and startups. We have provided brand exposure for thousands of companies to date and you can be one of them too! All of our clients appreciate our value / pricing ratio. Contact us if you have any questions: Cryptocurrencies and Digital tokens are highly volatile, conduct your own research before making any investment decisions. Some of the posts on this website are guest posts or paid posts that are not written by our authors (namely Crypto Cable , Sponsored Articles and Press Release content) and the views expressed in these types of posts do not reflect the views of this website. Tokenhell is not responsible for the content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or any other content posted on the site. Read full terms and conditions / disclaimer.

📰  African-Based Web3 Platform And UniPass Partner To Increase Crypto Adoption In Africa

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Back to top button
Skip to content