EOS, a layer-1 blockchain, has seen massive adoption in 2023. In order to explore the decentralized projects built on this protocol or store the EOS native token, you will need a compatible wallet. So, which are the top EOS wallets available today? We will explore four of them in this article. Stay tuned.
Launched to compete with Ethereum, EOS is a popular blockchain primarily designed to support the development of decentralized apps (dApps). Its native token, EOS, plays several roles within EOS’s ecosystem, such as allowing holders to take part in the project’s governance.
Web3 developers building apps on the EOS blockchain must have the native token to run their projects on the protocol. EOS holders who aren’t running any dApps can choose to rent their tokens to the developers at a certain fee.
Top EOS Wallets
While many know YouHodler as a lending platform, it comes with an easy-to-use crypto wallet that supports the storage of more than 40 digital currencies, including EOS. What’s more, you can stake your crypto assets on YouHodler to earn passively.
YouHodler’s wallet boasts several advanced security features. For instance, users can secure their EOS tokens by adopting three-factor or two-factor authentication. Additionally, users can whitelist withdrawal addresses, thus allowing them to select the devices and networks that can have access to their cryptocurrency wallets.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Youhodler
- Youhodler has adopted effective security measures to protect users’ funds.
- Allows users to stake their tokens to receive rewards.
- You can use your EOS tokens to borrow loans.
- YouHolder has an in-built exchange that allows you to swap tokens easily.
- EOS holders in the United States cannot access Youhodler.
- You will be charged a considerably high interest rate if you borrow a loan against your EOS tokens.
This wallet is non-custodial, giving you complete control over your EOS tokens. Moreover, Wirex Wallet does not rely on seed phrases; instead, it lets you secure your EOS using your biometrics and email. Another aspect that makes this crypto wallet stand out is the crypto back rewards. If you use the Wirex debit card to pay for shopping, you will receive some crypto. This helps you to accumulate digital assets over time. Additionally, you can take out a loan using your EOS tokens as collateral.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Wirex Wallet
- Wirex Wallet offers customer support 24 hours a day.
- It comes with a swap feature, so you do not need to transfer your EOS to a crypto exchange to trade it for another.
- Wirex Wallet charges reasonable fees.
- You must complete the Know Your Customer process to start using Wirex Wallet services.
- Its geographical presence is limited.
Besides EOS, you can store thousands of ERC-20 tokens on Coinbase Wallet. And the best part is that you have total control over your assets. It is important to mention that you don’t have to be a Coinbase user to use this wallet, which comes as a mobile app and browser extension. Coinbase Wallet ensures users’ funds are protected by offering biometric and two-factor authentification.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Coinbase Wallet
- Coinbase Wallet has an easy-to-understand interface, making it beginner-friendly.
- It supports over a thousand digital currencies and several blockchains, including Ethereum, Solana, EOS, and almost all layer-2 networks.
- Coinbase Wallet lacks a desktop app.
You can store over 350 digital currencies, including EOS, in OKX Wallet. This crypto wallet comes as a mobile app and a browser extension. What’s more, you can swap your EOS tokens for other digital assets within the OKX Wallet at relatively low fees. This non-custodial wallet also lets you explore dApps built on the EOS blockchain.
Advantages and Disadvantages of OKX Wallet
- OKX Wallet is beginner-friendly
- It comes with solid security features
- US-based EOS holders cannot use OKX Wallet.
Our list features EOS wallets that are suitable for both experienced crypto users and newbies. So, pick any of the four depending on your level of experience in the digital asset world.
Tokenhell produces content exposure for over 5,000 crypto companies and you can be one of them too! Contact at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. Cryptocurrencies are highly volatile, conduct your own research before making any investment decisions. Some of the posts on this website are guest posts or paid posts that are not written by Tokenhell authors (namely Crypto Cable , Sponsored Articles and Press Release content) and the views expressed in these types of posts do not reflect the views of this website. Tokenhell is not responsible for the content, accuracy, quality, advertising, products or any other content or banners (ad space) posted on the site. Read full terms and conditions / disclaimer.